Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thank you Jesus!


I'd like to thank Jesus Gonzales-Ruiz for attending the kick-off for the WNWCWC. The two of us sure had a great time! We started out at a moderate pace till the Atascadero Creek sign just west of Graton on Graton Road. However, I think he was a little confused about the "City Sign Sprint Series," since this was a creek sign, not a city limit sign. I would have won anyway, but he had a huge jump on me after I figured out what he was doing so it doesn't count. From that moment, it was GAME ON!!!

We then proceeded to battle up the hills for the KOM points and sprint for the city limit signs, but between each of these we did simmer down enough to have a little conversation. However, on the decent after the Graton KOM I realized he didn't speak any English and I don't speak any Spanish. But one thing that I have learned over the years from Emily is that if I just keep saying, "oh, I see" and "hummm (insert head nod)," that she can keep going on for hours and not notice that I don't understand anything that she sais either. So it work out quite well.

In the end, I did get every KOM and every LEGIT sign sprint (sorry Jesus, rules are rules. Better luck next time!). So let it be known that I will technically hold both jerseys going into next weeks WNWCWC. Jesus will wear the Sprinters jersey next week, since this may be the only time in my professional cycling career that I will be wearing a KOM jersey.


The above photo shows where you will be next Wednesday. Rotten Robbie, corner of Guerneville and Fulton.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for next week's WNWCWC!!! Although I must admit that I'll probably be dropped by the first KOM climb! :-)

    ReplyDelete