Saturday, July 11, 2009

2 wins today!!!!

OK, not quite the wins I was going for, but it sounds a lot better then 6th and 7th.

This weekend I am racing in the Omaha Cycling Classic. It is a race that I won 2 years ago when I was still on Team Kaos. So I was pretty excited to get the opportunity to come back to my old stomping grounds and do something that I love... which is race my bike!

The morning started with a short time trial. Not having a TT bike I entered myself in the Eddy Merckx category, no aero equipment. Fortunately, I won that and got a Flanders Jersey. Pretty nice (thanks Doug).

This evening was a criterium in Papilion. Much to my frustration, the race was dominated by 2 teams that kept me in check. But oh well, my constant chasing and attacking won me the Kim West Radio Show Most Aggressive Rider Award!!!!

So, after winning the two most prestegious awards of the day, I will now go to bed and prepare for tomorrows road race.

-Timmo

No comments:

Post a Comment