Friday, January 16, 2009

Going to Stillwater, MN?

I was reviewing some pictures off my camera and I remembered I found this really cool bike shop in Stillwater, MN over Christmas Break. As a little footnote, I may have mentioned to some of my friends that my ideal "retirement" from corporate life / engineering life / cycling is to open up a small bike shop that also has a bakery in it. We got the original idea from Cenna at Okiboji Expedition Company. He runs a bike, ski, coffee shop in Okiboji Iowa that is an amazing place if you ever go there. But it seems I am not the only one who thinks it is a good idea. Oliver and his mother Maryse have started the Bikery in Stilwater, MN. They are still in working on getting the shop off the ground but they make coffee that is amazing!!! Bot only that, they have home made soups and freshly baked bread that is greatly appreciated after 4-5 hours of cross country skiing or bike ride. So, if you are in the area, check them out for sure.


Here is Oliver standing in front of his top of the line bike brands... Eddy Mercks, which is distributed by gita, which also sells Pinarello!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sup, hope riding is going well. Keep in touch, if you need to come train, let me know. Let me know what your sched is going to be. Hopefully, you'll be up this way for some racing.

    The good doctor.

    ReplyDelete