Friday, May 22, 2009

Mid-week report

Grattan Speedway was Wednesday evening. Sheldon and I spent the whole time in breaks and attacking hard. Close to the end of the race, Sheldon, myself, and a Priority Health guy were in a break but when the PH guy decided not to roll through, Sheldon attacked. Myself and the PH guy were then reabsorbed into the back and Sheldon stayed away for the remainder of the race for the win. I did a suicide at 2 laps to go while the PH team chased. At about 1k to go, Birdman (GH) started out the leadout train but ended up catching me. Fortunately, Jason (Elite Bissell) won the sprint for second and we also got 3rd, 4th, 5th, and I got 7th. So another good training day for me and good results for the Elite team.

Besides racing, Michigan has been pretty good. Amway had a celebration downtown last night for it's 50th anniversery. So they put on a massive fireworks display that apparently trumped the 4th of July display by 2 fold. It was pretty impressive to say the least.

We are heading out for the races this evening in Eastern Michigan and then it's off to Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment