Thursday, August 6, 2009

In Grand Rapids Again!!!


Back to Grand Rapids for the last time this racing season.

Last night was the Graton Wednesday night throw down. The race is around a race track that is normally used for race cars. It is about a 2 mile circuit and I think we did 25 laps. It started out pretty tame. Then the local BISSELL boys decided to get aggressive (MY FAVORITE!!!!). Attack after attack came and we ALWAYS had the numbers. at about lap 12, Nathan (BISSELL) got away with his brother David (Priority Health). Then an chase group formed with me and 3 other guys. I did my part and waited till Nathan and David were clear of us before rotating through. The guys I was with appeared to be knackered from establishing the break so I figured attacks up the back side hill were appropriate. I ended up attacking 3 times in the last 10 laps or so but every time they did what was necessary to pull me back. So at 1.5 laps to go, I just sat on them and won the field sprint for 3rd :-) Not sure who took it, David or Nathan, but BISSELL got 2 guys on the podium!

(Picture not from Wednesday, but I thought I'd add one anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment